Monday 20 April 2015

Addicted to creating mosaic charts

Well I am truly addicted to creating these little mosaic charts. There is a certain knack, which took me a time to crack but now I have I am away.  There are designs that are impossible to recreate with mosaics due to its limitations. For example I tried to create a "heart" design a few weeks ago and gave up after a few hours of tearing my hair out. But now I think I have it sussed, learning to work with its limits and to use them as benefits.

Anyway with a lot of practise I came up with 3 new mosaic charts, all of them inspired by nature and the yarn colours I had bought specially for this project.

All of the charts are available in my newest pattern , yes 3 patterns in one!




Buy it on Ravelry here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/summer-lovin---3-mosaic-charted-pillows

Flower Power was inspired by the Fuschia colourway, I wanted something pretty, feminine and flowery. Flowers are difficult with mosaic work as it doesn't tend to work with flowery curves. Bit I think these funky square flowers are ace! 

Honey Pot was named after I knit this design, it reminded me of bees bussing round the honey pots.

Leafy Greens was developed to portray a leafy shape, the pine tree just emerged by accident! that's the joy of mosaic work, you just don't know what's going to emerge sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick View of Woolly Goodies available on my web site

Quick View of Woolly Goodies available on my web site
Click on photo above to see detail / to purchase