In the meantime I thought I'd share with you my thoughts about "what is a Knitwear designer" . I have no qualifications in this area, no training as such, so does this make my designs just a one off, just a bit of luck or is this the start of my designing career?
I (and have been doing for a few years now) design and develop knitted clothing, accessories and soft furnishings which I sell in my Etsy shop and my own web site, so I already have the background skills and experience necessary to become a fully fledged designer haven't I?
- Has an interest in fashion and trends
- Has a creative eye
- Pays attention to detail
- Has an appreciation of shape, proportion and human anatomy
- Draws and show design ideas effectively
- Has skills and experience in knitting in general
- Has a good knowledge of yarn qualities and types