This is the first time I have tried knitting a cotton dish cloth but seeing as though I had a little spare cotton yarn and I wanted to try out my newest mosaic pattern , I decided to give it a go. I loved the finished result and because its an easy knit and I want all you knitters to love mosaic knitting as much as me here are the charted instructions.
The finished dishcloth is 8" x 9". If you are wanting a larger cloth then increase the number of repeats (each repeat is 16 stitches x 32 rows).
Yarn: Rico Creative Cotton Aran in Mustard and Nature.
Needles : 4.5mm / US 7 / UK 7
1. Cast on 39 stitches in Nature using the cable cast on technique (gives a neater edge I think). 39 stitches is for 3 knit stitches + (16 stitches for the mosaic pattern x 2) +1 extra stitch to make the pattern neat + another 3 knit stitches.
2. Knit 3 rows.
3. Start Mosaic pattern. Knit 3 stitches at the beginning and end of each and every row. The mosaic pattern is worked in stocking stitch.
4. Knit the mosaic pattern twice (64 rows).
5. Knit 3 rows in Nature.
6. Bind off.
7. Weave in ends.
8. Block the work (this spreads out the mosaic, taking out all the kinks).
The charts are fairly simple but different to other colourwork charts such as fairisle.
If you have never used these charts then please read through the instructions below
1. You will only ever knit one colour at at a time.