Tuesday 31 March 2015

Mosaic Knitting Book Review

I finally gave in and purchased the Mosaic knitting bible !

It seems there are not that many books out there on the subject and I thought to try and get my learning done a bit more fast paced I would purchase the book. Little did I realise at the time that the book came from USA and took over a month to get here , Oh well that's another story.

Wow! what a book. Tons and tons of charted patterns. Just a pity all were done in black and white , I expected a some what colourful book , given the book cover and the title. 

Barbara explains the technique very well though and I was very pleasantly surprised at the volume of patterns.

Today I tried one of them out , making sure that I fully understood how to read the chart. This is the basket weave pattern you can find on page 23 of Barbara's book. 



No doubt I will be sneaking quite a few of these in to my work in the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick View of Woolly Goodies available on my web site

Quick View of Woolly Goodies available on my web site
Click on photo above to see detail / to purchase